We take time with you to make an accurate diagnosis right from the start. This is the key to designing a treatment and management strategy that is tailored to your specific needs.
Your first visit will consist of:
- A detailed case history of your condition, including past episodes, and any past treatments or medical/surgical interventions.
- A thorough physical examination including chiropractic testing of orthopaedic and neurological function.
- Initial Diagnosis and explanation of the problem and how to correct it.
- X-rays – when necessary, we may refer you to local radiologists who understand the importance of taking chiropractic X-rays. We have found that it is better for people to be weight-bearing (standing) during our spinal X-rays so that we can see how your spine adapts to carrying your frame when you are upright. This provides us with much more information than if your films are taken lying down.
At Gladesville Chiropractic Care we use special analysis tools to assist in diagnosis, and measure the outcomes of treatment.
Chiropractic analysis of spinal xrays provides additional information about the underlying problem and how to best correct it.
Digital posture analysis
We also have the latest technology to accurately analyse your posture using computerised analysis of digital photographs which assists in our diagnosis and ultimately translates to better results and outcomes for our clients.
- Posture is the window to the spine.
- Poor postural alignment means increased strain on all the spinal tissues.
- Poor posture also indicates poor control of spinal stability and movement that may lead to pain and other problems.
Note that if you require further tests, x-rays, imaging, or referral to another specialist, we take care of all of this for you. Chiropractors are primary contact health care providers, which means you can see us first for any problem – you don’t need a referral. You are in the right place for properly directed care.
We look forward to meeting you at your first appointment.